If possible, before the meeting obtain the agenda and minutes from previous meetings.
- It is essential you ensure you also have the agenda for the meeting you are taking the minutes for.
- If you need to hire a Central London meeting room , there are many Central London meeting rooms for rent . The Space Centre, a conference centre in London has some of the best meeting and training rooms for hire.
- Arrive a few minutes early and try and make sure you get a seat near to the person chairing the meeting.
- A Dictaphone type recorder may help to get all the detail you need, remember some meetings can move at a fast pace.
- you don’t need to write down everything said, but make sure you record the points discussed in the order they were discussed.
- If a vote is taken on any of the points discussed, make sure you write down the outcome of the vote, whether it was a show of hands or some other type of vote, and whether the decision was unanimous or not.
- Remember to distribute the minutes promptly to everyone who needs a copy, it is essential to do this as soon as possible.
- Many people who were at the meeting will have other pressing commitments and may not remember what happened in the meeting.
- Many people will only take action on points that have been agreed when they receive their copy of the minutes.